Make your website go to work. Knowing what to write and how much is key to make your website work for you. Focus on these key things and watch what happens to your website.
Here are some tips on this subject:
- Know your target audience – speak to them in their terms and tell them quickly as possible.
- Pick your keywords that are used to get to your website and make sure they appear in your content with as much frequency as possible without making the writing repetitive
- To do search engine optimization, you need roughly 300 words on each page being optimized for the search engines to read them
- Your content should be in a format such as selectable text – search engines only read the title and tags for graphics
- Use a title on every page to help identify what’s on it for your readers.
- Keep your wording simple and personal– it is all about being authentic. Avoid jargon or technical speak.
- The most important information should be at the top of the page so readers don’t have to scroll down to get to the good information
- Use bold face and italics for emphasis
- Pretend readers have already spoken to your two biggest competitors – why should they use your services, what is different about you?
- Have a call to action. What do you want people to do now?
- Consider having videos on your site now that most folks have broadband internet
These aren’t difficult suggests to implement on your site. Simply focus on them when you are writing content and watch what happens! Your website will draw more interest and you will be able to keep visitors on your site for longer periods.
Mohawk Computers LLC. / Mohawkhost.com